Longview Tennis Club hires clubhouse staff and on-court instructors for summer employment.
HEAD TENNIS INSTRUCTOR
Longview Tennis Club
The Tennis Instructor will be responsible for teaching all levels of youth lessons, junior team programs and adult drills. This person will also organize and facilitate tournaments, as well as contribute to other Club events. This person will be responsible for promoting the game of tennis in a positive and effective manner. The Tennis Instructor will be responsible for following the Longview Tennis Club Code of Conduct and will report to the Head Tennis Pro and Board of Directors.
- High School or College level playing experience required
- Teaching experience preferred
- Ability to articulate strategy and fundamentals of tennis, including but not limited to forehands, backhands, volleys, serves, positioning, etiquette and scoring
- Provide instruction and education to players of all skill levels (beginners to advanced)
- Assist in the development of Club programming for youth group lessons, junior team and adult drills
- Create lesson plans for teaching sessions
- Enthusiastically and positively give guidance in group/individual settings
- Help with organizing and coordinating Club tournaments
- Coach players during junior team match play (strategy, technique, etc.)
- Work collaboratively and effectively with fellow instructors and head teaching Pro
- Promote and enforce Club rules
- May travel for events such as junior team matches
- Other duties as assigned
*Tennis Instructors will also have the opportunity to provide private lessons outside of normal programming hours and there may be opportunity for front desk shifts.
To apply for this position, a position of a staff instructor or a position as Clubhouse Staff, please print and complete the application form. Applications are due April 1st. Returning employees please email email@example.com to let us know your intentions of returning or not.
If you are unable to print the form, you probably need to install Adobe Reader. Find it for free at www.adobe.com.